Tuesday, July 5, 2011

fireworks.

striped tank top - American Apparel // highwaisted shorts - vintage Ralph Lauren // red belt - Lacoste
brown cutout flats - H&M // printed knit bag - Urban Outfitters

 So for the 4th of July, my family and I spent the day barbequing, drinking carbonated beverages, and playing poker. I'm pretty sure everyone has a small idea of what the 4th of July is in America, but for those who don't, it's basically the day the U.S declared their independence from the Mother Land (Great Britain).

From the dismal stack of chips pictured above, I would like to tell you that I am a decent poker player! I just have terrible luck. It was extremely hot today. So hot. And humid. Swarms of mosquitoes came and feasted on my hemoglobin today. I hope they're satisfied. I'm attempting not to itch my plethora of bites. There's even one right near my armpit that I'm afraid to scratch, just so people won't assume my pits are itchy. Because they're not.

I wanted to wear something really simple because of the weather and the occasion (a simple comfy family gathering), but to keep in theme with the whole patriotic thing, I had to wear red, white, and blue. In a really understated way so people didn't think I was completely bonkers to be dressed up in GO AMERICA YEAH garb. Not that I don't love America. I do. And I really lovelovelove that bag. My new bag that I got on sale at Urban Outfitters for $15! The best part is that it fits my camera. I think that's the Number One specification that I look for in a bag -- will it fit my camera? It has a cute little handle AND a strap so I can hold it like a brief case or carry it like a messenger bag. I've got the best of both worlds!

We watched the fireworks, as tradition calls for. It was spectacular. I tried not to take too many photos, because it takes away from really just watching the fireworks display. I felt like a little kid again. But to be honest...DisneyWorld's fireworks are awesome. Sorry, NYC. Better luck next time! I hope everyone had a great day!

until next time!

3 comments:

  1. You look so cute :) invite me over soon! and next year we have to go to the city to see the fireworks...it's definitely crazy and crowded and definitely worth it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so great, I'm trying to start my own, if you wouldn't mind checking out mine and following if you like it? It would mean a lot.

    ReplyDelete

♥ ♥ ♥ hi.