Saturday, October 30, 2010

Private School Girls.


Although I am no longer in private school, I've held onto this skirt since the 7th grade (when I was 12) purely for sentimental value. I had such a love-hate relationship with plaid skirts, seeing that I had to wear one for eight years straight. It was only until of late that I wanted to try to see if I could conjure a look that didn't render me a Catholic school girl once again. It's surprising that I still fit in it, though I'm not sure for how much longer. It's getting to be a bit tight! But it's such a nice material and it's really warm, so it's one of the better skirts I have suited for winter.

I couldn't help it, though. I kept veering towards the idea of a scholarly outfit. I even added a bow into my hair using a shoelace I never used for old times sake. It was so cold, gosh. I didn't even want to go outside! I was already shivering inside, so the blue jacket was actually a last minute addition. I'm not too sure how I feel about this jacket. My mom bought it for me, but I feel that it's a bit too boxy? Though, after seeing it in these photos (I never took a proper photo of it, even after owning it for about a year) I kind of like it. It's really warm!

And here you can see my room! It's rather narrow and filled with an assortment of clutter and hodgepodge of things. Such as the ceramic cow on the top of my bookcase right next to all my track trophies, haha. I suppose I'll do a room post one of these days. I actually cleaned my room before taking these photos, so imagine what a mess it was if I consider this clean! It also explains why my drawer is opened, haha. Oops! I realized halfway. So as you can see, it's closed in some pictures and not in others.


Outfit Details:
blue coat - Timmy Hilfiger
beige sweater - some Chinese boutique
plaid skirt - Scholastic Uniforms
black socks - from my uniform days as well.
brown belt - Urban Outfitters
brown oxford pumps - Nine West
blue bow - a blue shoelace!

4 comments:

  1. I love your outfit! Your shoes remind me of my shoes in a recent post lol the plaid skirt is beautiful and the belt is a great touch. I wish I could go to school dressed like that everyday, instead of the boring uniforms they give us

    novemberconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the skirts really cute - very gossip girl! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back then when I was in High school, I also had skirt similar to that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking cute!!!! :D :D love the shoes;)

    ReplyDelete

♥ ♥ ♥ hi.