Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Character Style: Violet Baudelaire

violet beaureguard
Fashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore



I'm quite the avid reader. I always find the main characters (and sometimes even the minor ones) just so inspiring that I envision what they would appear to be like if they were to really exist. The most impressive visual I would have of them would be their attire. Most often, the author does not describe the outfit of the character but, instead, the attitude and personality. Based on these, I find myself dreaming up 'closets' for these characters.

For now, I start off with Violet Baudelaire from A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. I imagine her in mostly subdued colors - black, mostly, with varying assortments of dark, royal colors, such as a blue, violet (like her name), and teal. Patterns are scant, but her outfits consist, mainly of solid colors with slight, classic embellishments. Her attire is fashionable but comfortable too, as she is a girl that enjoys working with her hands and her mind. And who would Violet be without her assortment of ribbons?
I definitely see her wearing ChloƩ, Thakoon (especially his Fall 2009 collection), and Miu Miu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ ♥ ♥ hi.