Followed THIS recipe I found on Pinterest to make MINI SHEPHERD'S PIES as an appetizer for dinner one day!
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 1/2 cups Green Giant™ Steamers™ frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bag (24 oz) refrigerated mashed potatoes, heated as directed on bag (about 3 cups)
I accidentally bought biscuit dough instead of pie dough, but it actually worked out pretty well. I flattened the dough around the shape of the cups and just made sure I pressed down on them before filling it with the filling. They were super delicious, but actually very filling...I think after three of them, I was already full. This would be such a cute idea as an appetizer during Thanksgiving/Christmas/Superbowl. I will definitely try to attempt it again.
until next time,