Tuesday, January 11, 2011

day 10 | 365 & getting to know...me!

day nine out of three hundred sixty five

So while I have no worthwhile outfit to post (because they're all packed away in my suitcase for BOSTON (refer to the post below this)) I figured I might as well let you guys see my 365 Project and get to know me a little better! I mean, I know all about like internet safety and everything, but I feel like I can let you guys know my full name and address and phone number and everything like that. Okay, maybe not the last two things, but everything else is free game!





I. TOP SONGS I'M CURRENTLY attempting to SINGING IN THE SHOWER:

  1. FOR THE FIRST TIME - THE SCRIPT
  2. in the next room - neon trees
  3.  JUST MY IMAGINATION (RUNNING AWAY) - THE TEMPTATIONS
  4. in the cut - wiz khalifa
  5. infinity guitars - sleigh bells
  6. love - matt white
  7. obsessions- marine & the diamonds
  8. JE VEUX TE VOIR - YELLE
or you can just stalk my LAST.FM AND PLAYLISTS

    I can't even sing well. I promise. You won't be seeing me on America's Got Talent or American Idol or anything like that! Unless it was a competition for the most tone deaf person. That'd probably be me. I still like to sing in the shower. Something about the bathroom makes everyone turn into an award winning vocalist.




    IIa. MY DAILY ROUTINE (ON A WEEKDAY):

    1. WAKE UP.
    2.  HIT SNOOZE 4 TIMES AND CURSE MYSELF FOR STAYING UP LATE DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING PRODUCTIVE.
    3. STUMBLE INTO THE BATHROOM. SIT ON THE TOILET (COVER DOWN) FOR FIVE MINUTES AND NAP. THEN SHOWER.
    4. GET DRESSED IN OUTFIT I PICKED OUT THE NIGHT BEFORE.
    5. GET UNDRESSED BECAUSE I HATE THAT OUTFIT.
    6. TEAR MY ROOM APART FOR SOMETHING DECENT TO WEAR.
    7. PHOTOGRAPH MY OUTFIT (STEP CAN BE SKIPPED).
    8. END UP IN SOMETHING SIMILAR TO WHAT I PICKED OUT THE NIGHT BEFORE.
    9. HEAD DOWN TO THE KITCHEN TO MAKE MYSELF BREAKFAST. USUALLY IT'S BACON, EGGS, AND TOAST. OR BANANA HONEY OATMEAL. OR HOTPOCKETS (YUMMM). OR LEFTOVERS (YUMM-ER).
    10. TAKE MY TIME EATING AND FORGET I'M RUNNING LATE.
    11. TAKE THE BUS TO THE TRAIN STATION.
    12. TAKE THE TRAIN TO ANOTHER TRAIN.
    13. GET OFF AT MY STOP.
    14. END UP EARLY FOR CLASS. ALWAYS. NO MATTER HOW LATE I'M RUNNING.
    15. GO BUY A BAGEL.
    16. GO TO CLASS. SLEEP IN MOST OF THEM. COPY HOMEWORK DOWN WITH NO INTENTION OF DOING IT.
    17. TAKE THE TRAIN TO ANOTHER TRAIN.
    18. TAKE THE BUS FROM THE TRAIN STATION TO HOME.
    19. GET HOME.
    20. PHOTOGRAPH OUTFIT (DISREGARD IF STEP 7 WAS COMPLETED)
    21. GO ON THE COMPUTER AND WASTE AWAY MY TIME.
    22. eat dinner.
    23. shower again.
    24. DON'T DO MY HOMEWORK.
    25. have a midnight snack.
    26. WAIT UNTIL 2AM to start an essay/homework assignment due in approx. 8 hours.
    27. fall asleep, finally.
    28. repeat step 1 - 28.


    IIb. MY DAILY ROUTINE (ON A WEEKend):
    1. wake up whenever i want.
    2. eat whatever i want.
    3. go on the computer. watch tv.
    4. do laundry.
    5. nap.
    6. eat more.
    7. go on the computer. watch more tv.
    8. eat dinner.
    9. stay up til whenever i want.fa
    10. repeat step 1 - 10.


      Yes! That's basically the breakdown of my routine. It's definitely very flexible. Not like I actually have anything to do, or a job to work at (then again, if anyone knows anywhere that's hiring, my bank account and I would appreciate it that you let us know). I lead such an exciting life. I mean, for all you know, I could totally be lying about my daily routine and I'm actually some secret super cool CIA operative. I wish.





      Iii. TOP favorite reads/authors, ever:
      (BEware: super cliche girly reads)

      1. THIS SIDE OF PARADISE - F. SCOTT FITZGERALD
      2. LOOKING FOR ALASKA - JOHN GREEN
      3. 13 REASONS WHY - JAY ASHER
      4. L'ETRANGER - ALBERT CAMUS
      5. Tell-All - Chuck Palahniuk
      6. Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter - Seth Grahame-Smith 
      7. uglies - scott westerfeld
      8. the truth about forever - sarah dessen
      9. Forever - Judy Blume
      10. Lolita - Vladmir Nabokov
      11. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest - Ken Kessey
      12. East of Eden - John Steinbeck
      13. THE FIVE PEOPLE YOU MEET IN HEAVEN - MITCH ALBOM
      14. THE HARRY POTTER SERIES - J. K. ROWLING
      15. ANYTHING:
        SYLVIA PLATH
        EZRA POUND
        TENNESSEE WILLIAMS
        EDGAR ALLEN POe
        EDNA ST.VINCENT MILLAY
        sHeL SILVERSTEIN
        WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS.


      I definitely included my guilty pleasures in that reading/author list (like Sarah Dessen). I've been in a reading rut, lately. I haven't had many good things to read. I scavenged books from various places, but I never find the motivation to actually read them. If anyone has suggestions, I'd definitely love to hear what you suggest I read. I know my demeanor doesn't really exude 'eloquent' or 'brainy' or even 'graceful', but I've got a vast vocabulary! I don't get to use it often, but vocabulary has been something that's been enforced in my childhood thanks to a strict Catholic school upbringing. I remember we had to do exercises everyday from a book called 'Wordly Wise'. I don't know who else used these, but they actually really helped me in the long run. I remember every Friday we'd have a test and all 32 of us (we were a very small class) would be frantically studying from index cards during recess, haha.



      Iv. shows i'm currently obsessed with:

      1. misfits
      2. skins
      3. modern family
      4. house
      5. anything on food network.
      6. law and order: svu
      7. jerseyshore (don't judge me!!)



        Don't judge me! Jersey Shore is like a car accident scene. It's so horrifying you can't help but to stare. It's actually pretty funny. My dad and I bond together while watching it. Seriously. 

        Um. Well, I don't really know what else to let you guys know about me because I totally have an "About Me" page which tells you guys most of my general facts. Except maybe the alien part. But that'd be really cool if I was an actual alien. I shouldn't even be allowed to blog at 2:22AM because the by product is that you end up with a huge post with words and useless rambling that no one wants to read. I can hear you guys think, "OH GOSH JULIA. WHERE IS THE SUBSTANCE IN YOUR POSTS? WHERE IS THE FASHION?". I think I should totally do a fashionable post of me in my sweats and glasses and unbrushed bed hair. I have no one to impress. NO ONE. Right, so before I bore you all to death even more, here's a few more boring and useless facts about me:




        v.use less facts about julia:

        1. my favorite color is purple.
        2. I WEAR CONTACTS. I AM BLIND AS A BAT. I'VE JUST RECENTLY BEGAN TO WEAR GLASSES AGAIN AFTER BEING MADE FUN OF IN GRADE SCHOOL. SO TRAUMATIC (JUST KIDDING).
        3. I WAS A BULLY IN MIDDLE SCHOOL. SORRY :(
        4. i was captain of my high school track team.
        5. i'm second generation chinese-AMERICAN. translation: i am very americanized.
        6. I WAS BORN IN NEW YORK CITY. AND I STILL LIVE HERE TODAY. MY DAD WAS BORN IN NEW YORK CITY TOO, EXCEPT HE WAS A DELINQUENT YOUTH (SORT OF) AND GOT HIMSELF SHIPPED OFF TO CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL IN WASHINGTON D.C. (AND HE COMPLAINS THAT I'M A BAD KID, GOSH!)
        7. i love to eat AND THUS I HAVE NO MOTIVATION TO LOSE WEIGHT. FOOD IS TOO DELICIOUSSSSSSS. (SERIOUSLY, PICK TWO: DELICIOUS, HEALTHY, OR INEXPENSIVE).
        8. i'm left handed.
        9. are you asleep yet?
        10. i got my first kiss when i was 17, in my senior year of high school, by my first real boyfriend. (AND THEN WE BROKE UP BECAUSE HE'S MOVING FAR FAR AWAY :( )
        11. I HAVE 4,300+ SONGS IN MY MP3 PLAYER. I LIKE ANY SORT OF MUSIC.
        12. I LIKE LISTS.
        13. i am majoring in accounting and i plan to go to law school.
        14. i am always hungry. always. that explains the midnight snacks. so delicious.



        day ten out of three hundred sixty five.

        1 comment:

        1. i love this pooooost!
          misfits! skins!
          BEST TV SHOWS. EVER. ESPECIALLY misfits. it's my current obsession, i'm totally DYING for season 3. D':

          ReplyDelete

        ♥ ♥ ♥ hi.