Friday, September 3, 2010

Character Style: Claire Standish & Allison Reynolds (The Breakfast Club)

single 7
my favorite quote from the entire movie, besides the ending letter.
are you crazy
single 1

Screencaps courtesy of Driver Picks the Music @ Flickr

I absolutely love The Breakfast Club. It's one of my all time favorite movies, and I can't help but be inspired by Claire Standish (Molly Ringwald) and Allison Reynolds (Ally Sheedy)'s characters' outfits. I often find myself as a quirky and misunderstood individual, much like Allison, but at the same time, I have the feminine, princess-y, doesn't-take-anything-from-anyone aura that Claire exudes.

I find myself in two different places when I dress; I've always been 'one of the boys'. I enjoyed being athletic, running around, riding my bike, falling and scraping myself, but I also enjoyed staying inside and playing with my Barbies. Oftentimes I prefer comfort over style and I have yet to find a happy medium. I'd pick a pair of Vans over a pair of heels (though, perhaps that's due to the fact that I can barely walk in them).

So, I decided to create a 'character style' mood board trying to mesh together Claire and Allison's styles.






Character Style: Claire Standish & Allison Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ ♥ ♥ hi.