Monday, May 11, 2015

#GOODEATS | CHILI HASH + EGGS | HOMEMADE WEEKEND BRUNCH



Homemade breakfasts on the weekends are the quintessential epitome of comfort food and childhood memories, Waking up early to whip up a breakfast so fragrant that the smells force my family members out of their beds is my favorite part of a weekend. When I was a child, it used to be my dad that did all the cooking...now that he's gotten older (and lazier) I have taken on the task of making breakfast.

This particular day, we had leftover chili that my dad had made, so I decided it would be such a waste to toss it and went for a Tex-Mex inspired breakfast!

I diced up some potatoes, seasoned them with salt + pepper + garlic powder + red pepper flakes and cooked them up before adding in the chili. To make sure the chili didn't dry out, I added about one third a cup of water. I even added in some homemade guacamole and toasted some Italian bread with Parmesan cheese and butter. And what's a breakfast without eggs?!

It was such a hearty breakfast all of us decided to go back to sleep afterwards....a perfect way to spend a weekend.
until next time,
julia

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ ♥ ♥ hi.